There is a King Who Bore my Sin Upon a Cross, Savior of Men
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on April 27, 2010
I remember very vividly the moment when my sin-burden was lifted. Sitting in a massive arena at a Christian rock concert, I was challenged to get honest with God. As I did so, I was led to mentally take my hidden sin and expose it to the Lord…and place it upon the shoulders of Jesus as He bore the punishment I deserved on the cross at Calvary. As I enumerated my sins to Him I watched Him being crushed by the weight of my sin…watched Him die as the remedy for my debt…and then saw myself crucified with Him! The next thing I knew, I was in the grave, a dead man…and all I could hear was the voice of the Lord saying, “Dennis Jernigan, come forth!” Somehow I knew that the old ‘me’ was dead and gone. Suddenly I realized what it meant to be a new creation in Christ and, along with that understanding, realized I now had the power and grace to make choices based on my new identity! I no longer had to give in to every temptation! I could choose righteousness!
Meditate today on what the crucifixion looked like from the perspective of your own sin. What about the grave? What about the resurrection? Think on these things and give thanks.
But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ,
through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
Galatians 6:14 NASB
- Poured from the vein of Redeeming Love
- When is He coming? Morning, noon, or night?
- Died and rose again and now He reigns above
- He is coming. Make a Way...
- He is coming on a horse of white
- The King is coming. Prepare for Him the way...
- And Everything I think I Need I Gladly Bow Before Your Feet in Glory to my King!
- Every Hope and Vision! Every Dream!