He is coming. Make a Way...
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on June 10, 2010
John the Baptist came to prepare the way of the Lord…to remind people that the Messiah was indeed on His way. As believers, we are called to do the same thing. If I am to prepare the way of the Lord – remind people He is coming – it stands to reason that I should probably prepare the way beginning with my own life. If I desire the kingdom to come in my life I do that by welcoming the King. To prepare for His entrance I need to clear away the things that are in the way. Anything that stands between me and the King must go. In my own life I prepared the way of the King by ridding my life of any other voices that cluttered the airways of my mind that kept me from hearing His voice. From 1981 until 1993 I did not listen to any other music but what He was giving me. I also greatly limited the kind of TV I watched – mainly the news and Johnny Carson! In the process – even though I did not know it at the time – I was actually making a way for the King to have greater access to my heart and life…and He began to reveal Himself in ways I had only dreamed of.
Take time to meditate today on the things that stand between you and the King. What needs to be done to make a way for Him in those areas?
The crowds going ahead of Him, and those who followed, were shouting, "Hosanna to
the Son of David; BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD;
Hosanna in the highest!"
Matthew 21:9 NASB
- Poured from the vein of Redeeming Love
- When is He coming? Morning, noon, or night?
- Died and rose again and now He reigns above
- He is coming on a horse of white
- The King is coming. Prepare for Him the way...
- And Everything I think I Need I Gladly Bow Before Your Feet in Glory to my King!
- Every Hope and Vision! Every Dream!
- Everything I hold so Dear Pales Whenever You are Near