Every Hope and Vision! Every Dream!
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on April 27, 2010
Where we place our attentions – our hopes and our dreams – is what we wind up serving. If that is the case, we truly do waste our time if everything we do on this earth is for our own pleasure and to build our own kingdom. Regardless of our gifts or talents or mental capacity, we each have a need to know God…and in knowing Him, a need to find fulfillment in the use of those gifts. I have come to realize that all my gifts and talents lead to fulfillment when I use them to serve Him and others. What I accomplish on earth is really about storing up for myself treasures in heaven. How do we use our gifts and our talents for His Kingdom when we are not of this world but must live in it? By staying true to His character/nature and learning to walk in our own. From a Kingdom perspective I can use any gift and any talent – even for making money or starring in a movie or teaching school or climbing a mountain – for His glory. In the process my dreams come true and my vision becomes intense and I am filled with hope.
How can God use your particular gifts and talents to bring Him glory on this earth?
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:20-21 NASB
- Poured from the vein of Redeeming Love
- When is He coming? Morning, noon, or night?
- Died and rose again and now He reigns above
- He is coming. Make a Way...
- He is coming on a horse of white
- The King is coming. Prepare for Him the way...
- And Everything I think I Need I Gladly Bow Before Your Feet in Glory to my King!
- Everything I hold so Dear Pales Whenever You are Near