When is He coming? Morning, noon, or night?
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on August 8, 2010
There was an incident when I was a child that really rocked my world. I had just come to an awareness that Jesus would come back someday…and that I would not be ready. Still believing I was not going to make it to heaven due to my hidden sin, I lived in fear of death and in fear of Jesus’ return. On this particular day I had gotten home from school and was doing my chores. Everything seemed normal at first until I realized that the house had become very quiet. My brothers were nowhere to be found and my parents were simply gone. As I looked around the house a feeling of dread and fear began to invade my every thought. Running around the house and yelling for anyone who might be able to hear me, I began to panic. My thoughts? Jesus had come and taken everyone else and I was left all alone! Since the Lord has brought me my freedom, I no longer fear death and I no longer fear His return. In many ways I actually long for that day…whether by death or whether by rapture…I will be with Him. What joy…and what peace. Fear is gone and peace rules the kingdom of my heart and mind.
For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.
1 Thessalonians 5:2 NASB
- Poured from the vein of Redeeming Love
- Died and rose again and now He reigns above
- He is coming. Make a Way...
- He is coming on a horse of white
- The King is coming. Prepare for Him the way...
- And Everything I think I Need I Gladly Bow Before Your Feet in Glory to my King!
- Every Hope and Vision! Every Dream!
- Everything I hold so Dear Pales Whenever You are Near