There is a King Both Good and Just
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on April 8, 2010
As a child growing up with three younger brothers, conflicts were many and often. My mother was often the one to settle our disputes. When a toy’s ownership was in dispute, she didn’t just force us to share. She gave the toy to the one it actually belonged to, encouraging the other boy to play with his own toys. That was the just thing to do. Still on other occasions she did what was fair, dividing the candy evenly between my brothers and me. She was a good mother. God sometimes disciplines us in ways we feel are unfair. We can either throw a tantrum and demand our rights OR we can put on the truth that He is a good God and that all He does is for our best – and born out of perfect and holy love. He is not so concerned with what is fair, but with what is good and just and in our best interest.
Allow the Holy Spirit to show you what is good and just about where the Lord has you today.
Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; Lovingkindness and truth go before You.
Psalm 89:14 NASB
- Poured from the vein of Redeeming Love
- When is He coming? Morning, noon, or night?
- Died and rose again and now He reigns above
- He is coming. Make a Way...
- He is coming on a horse of white
- The King is coming. Prepare for Him the way...
- And Everything I think I Need I Gladly Bow Before Your Feet in Glory to my King!
- Every Hope and Vision! Every Dream!