My Broken Heart He Came to Mend!
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on April 27, 2010
Can you believe I once felt so broken by my own failure – my own sin – that I actually tried to take my own life?! It is so difficult for me to believe I was ever in such a place because of the level of healing God has brought to my wounded places through the years. As I sought an intimate relationship with Christ, trust began to be built (which was difficult for someone who’s trust had been shattered so many times he vowed to never trust anyone!). As trust came, my ability to become even more nakedly honest with the Lord showed my just how much hurt was there. Along with my need to forgive those who had shattered my trust through the years, I also had to constantly receive forgiveness as I went through those times of naked confession. But just as importantly, I learned that I also needed to forgive someone else…myself! To not forgive myself is to once again place ME on the throne of my heart. If God has forgiven me, who am I to not do the same?!
Are there any broken, wounded areas of your life that you have need of mending? Are there any places in your own mind that need forgiveness from yourself?
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18 NASB
- Poured from the vein of Redeeming Love
- When is He coming? Morning, noon, or night?
- Died and rose again and now He reigns above
- He is coming. Make a Way...
- He is coming on a horse of white
- The King is coming. Prepare for Him the way...
- And Everything I think I Need I Gladly Bow Before Your Feet in Glory to my King!
- Every Hope and Vision! Every Dream!