"Praise The Father, Praise The Son" Song Story
Posted on August 18, 2008
“There are always those songs that you hold an extra special place in your heart. This is one of those for me. Ed Cash and I wrote this song on the last night of recording my vocals for the record. All of the songs were already recorded and we were happy with where we were. But I am always open to God possibly breathing another song along the way. On this night, Ed grabbed his guitar and told me he wanted to play this melody that he felt was special and that he had been using in some times of ministry with his church family. It kind of reminded me of how the Bible teaches that David would play and it would bring peace and healing.
Ed sang a few lyric ideas for the verse and I immediately just began to sing out the chorus you hear on the record. It was one of the moments where you knew you were not in charge, and we both just sat there with tears in our eyes, stunned at what was happening. I do feel this song, in particular, is one that any church, with any style of worship can sing. It continues to be my heart to write songs that give voice to the generations now and the ones that are to come and I sense this is one of those songs.”
Tag: Song Stories
- The Story Behind "Silent Night"
- The Story Behind "O Little Town Of Bethlehem"
- The Story Behind "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear"
- The Story Behind "O Come O Come Emmanuel"
- The Story Behind "O Holy Night"
- The Story Behind "Joy To The World"
- The Story Behind "Hark The Herald Angels Sing"
- Christmas Carol Song Stories
- Top 100 Easter Worship Songs for 2015
- Top 40 Worship Songs For The Season Of Lent
- Top Easter Worship Songs For 2017
- Top 25 Worship Songs on the Holy Spirit for Pentecost 2015
- Top 50 Easter Worship Songs For 2014
- Top 40 Thanksgiving Worship Songs
- Top 60 Worship Songs On The Cross For 2015
- Top 100 Worship Songs For Easter 2016