The King is coming! Let His church rise up!
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on February 18, 2010
“…The King is coming! Let His church rise up!...”
In this day and age it seems the very fabric of our cultural morality is unraveling at the seams. What is right is now viewed as wrong. Things that are sinful and immoral are now viewed as civil rights. What can the church do about it? One thing we cannot do is expect the world to come to us, even in our seeker sensitive focus. Jesus commanded us to go and make disciples…not to wait for them to come to us. No matter how appealing we make our church gatherings the reality is that most people will not darken the door of a church. So what does that tell us? We’d better equip ourselves as the body to do the work of ministry…outside the church walls! Darkness is coming. Let the church rise up with the Light of the Gospel. The world in its sinful, downward spiral needs the purity of the salt of believers. The King IS coming. Let the church rise up and push back the darkness and become the salt and light this world needs.
Take time today to allow the Holy Spirit to heighten your sensitivity to those around you. Ask for grace to build relationships with those He leads you to.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
teaching them to observe all that I commanded you;
and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:19-20 NASB
- Throne of Praise Devotional by Phillips Craig & Dean
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Are You Ready To Risk Again?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional What Is On Your Spiritual Business Card?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Worship Is Collaboration With The Congregation
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Create Something For Others
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Come Out Of Hiding
- Aaron Shust Michael's Miracle Story
- Eucharist: Embracing The Mystery Of Faith Glenn Packiam