Leading Worship For Small Groups - Webinar with Rick Muchow
Featuring Rick Muchow Posted on June 25, 2014
We have included the main points from today's webinar below. A more detailed version can be found on the Leading Worship For Small Groups blog.
4 Foundations Principals of worship
- Biblical worship must be done in love. No love—no worship. (1 Corinthians 13)
- Biblical worship is always accompanied by humility and reverent fear. (Isaiah 66:2)
- Biblical worship is commanded by God. (Luke 10:27)
- Biblical worship involves surrendering your entire life as an offering to God. (Romans 12:1)
All these can be found in Rick’s book The Worship Answer Book.
"Music is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us." Martin Luther
7 Practical tips for leading worship with music in the small group gathering:
- CALM FEARS. Simple Rule: be caring without staring
- CHOOSE FRIENDLY .Simple Rule: Use familiar songs and friendly keys.
- CONTROL VOLUME. Simple rule: Sing brighter and strum lighter. Your guitar can be louder than you realize.
- CONTEXTUALIZE SONGS. Simple Rule: Plan your speaking and be brief.
- CONNECT GROUP. Simple Rule: Focus on connecting not performing.
- COME PREPARED. Simple Rule: Leading worship with music requires Spiritual and Musical preparation.
- CONTINUE PRAYING. Simple Rule: Pray and Play.