Lead on, Oh King, beginning in me!
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on February 13, 2010
"...Lead on, Oh King, beginning in me!..."
Today we are going to meditate on just one phrase. Meditation is simply focusing our minds on one thought for a period of time. A great illustration of meditation is this: a cow has one stomach with 4 digestive compartments. As the cow eats a mouthful of grass, it swallows that food. After a period of digestion, it then regurgitates that partially digested grass into its mouth where it chews it more. This regurgitated food is called cud. A cow chews its cud in order to extract all the nutrients possible from that food. That is what meditation on God's Word and nature is like. We think on one thought concerning His Word or nature and we allow the Holy Spirit to show us things we've never seen or thought of before concerning that which we meditate on. Today, let's focus on Jesus as King and what His kingdom coming in our thought life should look like. Here's a hint on helping you along with your meditation: to seek the coming of His kingdom we must seek the King.
...seek first His kingdom and His righteousness...
Matthew 6:33 NASB
- Throne of Praise Devotional by Phillips Craig & Dean
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Are You Ready To Risk Again?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional What Is On Your Spiritual Business Card?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Worship Is Collaboration With The Congregation
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Create Something For Others
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Come Out Of Hiding
- Aaron Shust Michael's Miracle Story
- Eucharist: Embracing The Mystery Of Faith Glenn Packiam