I Surrender Song Devotional from Benji Cowart
Posted on October 28, 2015
Luke 22:42 “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.”
In our Christian lives there will always be a battle between choices of temporal ease and choices of eternal significance that bring great joy. When we say (or sing) the words “I surrender” to Jesus we are confessing His way is best. It is humbling and amazing that God allows us to choose to surrender to Him. He doesn’t force it on us and He will even let us try and run our lives long enough to come to the conclusion that when we are on the throne of our lives, we build tiny broken kingdoms that inevitably leave us empty and scarred.
The prayer of surrender for the believer is a prayer that we will never stop needing to pray. We are no different than the saints who have gone before us in their need to sing “I Surrender All” and we will continue to sing our versions of an old prayer as we give up the reigns for our lives and surrender them to Jesus who is the only one worthy to sit on the throne of our hearts.
- PraiseCharts Chats with the Worship Lab
- Worship Coaching with Rick Muchow
- Rick Muchow Shares 7 Simple Rules to Leading Worship For Small Groups
- Free Chord Charts & Audio Tracks for Patriotic PraiseHymns
- Great Patriotic Resources
- Freedom's Holy Light Patriotic Service Guide
- Need Some Drama In Your Christmas Service?
- Complete Your Christmas Planning With PraiseCarols
- Top 40 Thanksgiving Worship Songs
- Top 100 Christmas Worship Songs
- Top 100 Worship Songs For Easter 2016
- Top 100 Worship Songs Released From 2010-2015
- Top 25 Worship Songs on the Holy Spirit for Pentecost 2015
- Top 50 New Worship Songs in 2016
- MultiTracks And Garage Band Tutorial
- Ten Ways to Improve Your Worship Team