He will reign in power! He will reign in might!
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on February 13, 2010
"...He will reign in power! He will reign in might!..."
For Jesus to rule and reign in our lives we must come to a place of trust. We do not experience His power and the benefits of His kingdom if we do not trust Him. Our King Jesus is holy and pure and perfect. That means everything that He desires for us and everything He commands us to do is based purely out of what is good and right for us. It is when we do not trust His holiness that we do not experience kingdom life. Almost daily I discover ways I have not released myself to trust Him. I find myself fearful of confrontation at times even though I KNOW it is God's will. In those moments, I trust more in myself than in the One Who created me. There are so many other examples of my lack of trust. You get the idea. When I trust His goodness then I trust that even hard things are for my best. It is in that place of trust that I find strength and I find a place of peace and rest.
In what areas for you lack trust today? Ask the Spirit to give you the grace to see God's good plan for you in that area and then receive the grace to step out and trust Him.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NASB
- Throne of Praise Devotional by Phillips Craig & Dean
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Are You Ready To Risk Again?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional What Is On Your Spiritual Business Card?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Worship Is Collaboration With The Congregation
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Create Something For Others
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Come Out Of Hiding
- Aaron Shust Michael's Miracle Story
- Eucharist: Embracing The Mystery Of Faith Glenn Packiam