Travis Ryan Releases Debut Album, Fearless
Featuring Travis Ryan Posted on April 5, 2012
California’s Saddleback Church worship pastor Travis Ryan releases his debut album, Fearless, through
Integrity Music on April 10, 2012. Featuring songs co-written with Matt Redman, Jason Ingram, Brenton Brown, Ben Cantelon, All Sons & Daughters, Dan Bailey and others, the album was produced by Ryan’s band mate, Josh Auer (PAX217). Additional band members Dan Bailey (Fiction Family, Phil Wickham) and Brandon Collins join in to create the resulting melodic, dynamic rock influenced worship on Fearless that shares themes of God’s pursuit of his people (“Chase”), the rise of the church (“Battle Song”) and Holy Communion ("Jesus My Victory”). The first radio single from the album, “Jesus, Precious Jesus,” speaks to the theme of grace.
GRAMMY Award winners Adam Hawkins (Switchfoot, Natasha Bedingfield, 50 Cent) and Chris Testa (Jimmy Eat World, Mat Kearney, The Goo Goo Dolls) mixed and engineered respectively as Kevin Bartley (Red Hot Chili Peppers, B.B. King, Queensrÿche) mastered the album. OneRepublic’s Brent Kutzle also added his talents to “Awaken Us.”The resulting original music from Ryan is meant to inspire people to press on past fear, becoming courageous and marked by God’s boldness.“
The title track, and the whole album, is really a prayer that the church would be 1 John 4:18 — There is no fear in love; instead, perfect love drives out fear, ” Ryan shares. “This is a prayer for me and truth that the church must come alive to.”
Aligning his musical ministry pastorally with his church, Ryan is taking the “fearless” idea into engaging need across the world with his church’s P.E.A.C.E. Plan. The PEACE Plan (http://thepeaceplan.com/) is a massive effort to mobilize Christians around the world to address the issues of spiritual emptiness, corrupt leadership, poverty, disease, and illiteracy by promoting reconciliation, equipping servant leaders, assisting the poor, caring for the sick and educating the next generation.
“We all wrestle with fear on one level or another, and I don’t want that to stop me from engaging the needs all around me, and encouraging others to do the same,” says Ryan. “The PEACE plan is one way we can all get involved to bring hope to a world in need.”
Sharing the message and music of his new album, Ryan will launch the new project with a special Fearless release event at Saddleback Church April 15. At the event, Matt Redman will join Ryan to sing the song they wrote together, “Chase,” and New York Times No. 1 best-selling author and pastor of the church, Rick Warren, will deliver a message.
As a worship leader for Saddleback Church, Ryan has led worship for such organizations as Campus Crusade for Christ, Student Venture, The Purpose Driven Life Worship Conference and at numerous universities. He also spent time as an associate producer for Marantha Music and played with bassist Brent Kutzle, now a member of OneRepublic. Born into a musical family, Ryan’s father wrote songs for Maranatha during the Jesus movement.
Married with two young sons, Travis says, “If I died, these are the songs I would want my children to point to and say: that was my dad; my dad believed that. This is an altar to God.”
The complete Fearless track listing and songwriters follows:
1. Love That Has Won (Travis Ryan, Brandon Collins, Ben Cantelon)
2. Battle Song (Travis Ryan, Brandon Collins, Josh Auer, Dan Bailey)
3. Jesus Precious Jesus (Travis Ryan, David Leonard, Leslie Jordan)
4. The Wrestling (Travis Ryan, Richie Fike, Brandon Collins)
5. Most High (Travis Ryan, Jason Ingram)
6. Jesus My Victory (Travis Ryan, Brenton Brown, Brandon Collins)
7. Awaken Us (Travis Ryan, Matt Redman, Brandon Collins)
8. Fearless (Travis Ryan, Brandon Collins)
9. My Devotion (Travis Ryan, Anthony Skinner)
10. You Are With Me Still (Travis Ryan, Brandon Collins, Caleb Clements)
11. Chase (Travis Ryan, Matt Redman, Brandon Collins)
Kingsway and Integrity Music are the music divisions of David C Cook, a nonprofit global resource provider serving the Church with life-transforming materials. Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Kingsway and Integrity Music’s resources are distributed in more than 160 countries and sold worldwide. Additional information can be found at www.kingswayworship.com and www.integritymusic.com.
Tag: Album Release
- The Ethnos Project
- CentricWorship All The Saints - Webinar with Michael Farren and Steve Rice
- Dennis Jernigan Official Movie Trailer for Sing Over Me
- Revolution Worship Live Stream Event
- Paul Baloche Christmas Worship Album Trailer
- The Rock Won't Move Album Trailer
- A Thrill Of Hope Album Release
- Bryan Popin You Can Make It Album Trailer