Featuring Bob Kauflin Posted on April 27, 2010
Technology can help us communicate God's truth more clearly, or it can be a major hindrance to that end. It can be a valuable asset or a terrible taskmaster. The difference is in how skillfully we use it.
That means being familiar with current methods of transferring and downloading music (legal ones, of course), notating charts, using MIDI,producing music, amplifying sound, and projecting lyrics and images, to namea few.
If you don't have time to invest any study in this area, you can probablyfind people in the church who do. They don't have to be musicians. But they do need to understand they're more than techies. They're worshipers. They're using their gifts to help proclaim God's Word and celebrate the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Other Posts Featuring Bob Kauflin
- Why Confession Is Good for Your Soul and Your Church with Bob Kauflin
- Planning Sunday's Songs-Plan Contextually
- Focus on Projecting Lyrics
- Music Should Display Variety
- Hearing Familiar Words in a Fresh Way
- Planning Sunday's Songs-Plan Selectively
- Planning Sunday's Songs
- Selecting Sunday's Songs-Plan Creatively