My Heart is Filled With Thankfulness
Featuring Keith and Kristyn Getty Posted on November 20, 2012
If we examine our personal devotions, or listen in on a prayer meeting, our thanksgiving often focuses on health and position, family and friends, home and belongings, (and all these are right and good – the bible tells us to give thanks in every situation).
But the prayers of the early church in the New Testament never follow this pattern. The strong emphasis there is on giving thanks to God for spiritual blessings – the blessings that have true value beyond life on earth.
In "My heart is filled with thankfulness" we give thanks to God for spiritual blessings – past, present and future. What Christ has done for us – for forgiveness and new life, which only he could bring by coming here to earth and suffering for us. How he walks beside us each day and having lived, breathed and walked here on earth. How he promises to be with us whatever our future hold.
Other Posts Featuring Keith and Kristyn Getty
- Celebrating 15 Years of Getty Hymns
- Facing A Task Unfinished - Join The Movement February 21, 2016
- Music Duo Keith And Kristyn Getty Wrap 2015 With Many Firsts
- Put Some Joy In Your Christmas with Keith & Kristyn Getty
- The Gettys On CBC Sunday Morning
- CBS Sunday Morning Will Feature The Gettys Easter Sunday
- My Worth Is Not in What I Own Performance Video by Keith & Kristyn Getty
- The Getty Christmas Tour 2014 To Include Carnegie Hall