Keys To Music Publishing In The Church - Webinar with Hillsong's Steve McPherson (Part 1)
Featuring Ryan Dahl Posted on June 17, 2014
In the last 20 years, thousands of churches all around the world have embarked into world of song writing and album recording. Worship music has become an established genre of Christian music. Those in the music industry are well prepared to handle all the complexity of song ownership, licensing and publishing. Many churches, however, find themselves in an unfamiliar landscape with unexpected complexities.
Hillsong Church was one of the first churches introduce worship songs on a world stage, with their songs being translated in dozens of languages and heard in congregations all over the world. Steve McPherson has been there from the very early years, serving now as the managing director of all things music publishing at Hillsong.
For many years, Steve and I have shared a growing friendship, as we travel parallel journeys of life in the world of music publishing, worship music, marriage, and raising a family of teenagers. I’m thrilled to have Steve join me from his office in Sydney, Australia as we delve into a long list of very practical questions that can help churches grapple with the complexities of music publishing.
- Finishing Well: The Journey Of A New Season (Live Webinar)
- Live Webinar With Steven Curtis Chapman: A Personal Look Behind His Latest Album, Worship And Believe
- Writing Songs For The Church - Webinar with Benji & Jenna Cowart
- How To Thrive This Christmas - Webinar with Paul Baloche
- Everything You Wanted To Know About Songwriting - Webinar with Jason Ingram
- Leading Worship Through the Seasons of Life - Webinar with Andy Park
- Secrets To Writing A Great Song - Webinar with Mia Fieldes (Part 2)
- Secrets To Writing A Great Song with Mia Fieldes Part 1
Other Posts Featuring Ryan Dahl
- Readings and Prayers for Thanksgiving, Advent and Christmas
- Hal Leonard Announces Partnership with PraiseCharts
- Top 40 Worship Songs On The Blood Of Jesus For 2015
- April In Review: BEST OF THE MONTH
- March In Review: BEST OF THE MONTH
- New Multi Track Technology From PraiseCharts and WorshipSong Band
- Top 40 Worship Songs For The Season Of Lent
- New Chart Format Introduces Labeling Song Sections With Sequential Numbers