Free Worship Drama Readings For Advent: A Portrait Of Jesus
A PORTRAIT OF JESUS
A Reading for Christmas
John & Audra Parker
STAGING SUGGESTIONS: Reader 2 should be separated from Readers 1, 3, and 4. Reader 2 should read as if his/her lines are continuous.
The lines of Readers 1, 3, and 4 are explanations of Reader 2's lines; as if the audience is hearing the thoughts of Reader 2 about each of the descriptions of Christ.
Reader 1: The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.
Reader 2: For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor,
Reader 1: Then Peter came to Jesus and asked,
Reader 3: Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?
Reader 1: Jesus answered,
Reader 4: I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
Reader 2: Mighty God,
Reader 3: The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters.
Reader 4: Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.
Reader 1: Who is this King of glory?
Reader 4: The Lord strong and mighty.
Reader 2: Everlasting Father
Reader 3: There is no one like the God who rides on the heavens to help you and on the clouds in his majesty.
Reader 1: The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.
Reader 2: Prince of Peace.
Reader 4: The Lord bless you and keep you;
Reader 3: The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
Reader 1: The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.
Reader 2: Jesus
Reader 4: Wonderful Counselor
Reader 3: Mighty God
Reader 1: Everlasting Father
Reader 4: Prince of Peace
Reader 2: Jesus.
Scripture taken from Isaiah 9:2,6; Matthew 18:21-22; Psalm 24:1-2, 7-8;
Deuteronomy 33:26-27; Numbers 6:24-26 NIV
Adapted from script by same title in DRAMA FOR WORSHIP (YEAR C) This version ©2010
©1997 Parker Publications, P. O. Box 77860, Baton Rouge, LA 70879
Purchasers of this publication may photocopy and record any of the dramatic readings herein for use by their organization only. If this script has not been purchased, distribution or duplication of this material is in violation of copyright law and subject to prosecution. All other copyright restrictions including the sale and resale of this material apply.
- The Heart Comes Home – To Hope (First Sunday Of Advent)
- The Heart Comes Home – To Peace (Second Sunday Of Advent)
- The Heart Comes Home – To Joy (Third Sunday Of Advent)
- The Heart Comes Home – To Love (Fourth Sunday Of Advent)
- A Long Wandering To The Place We Call Home (Christmas Eve)
- Home For Christmas (Christmas Day)
- Heart Has A Home (Introduction)
- Readings and Prayers for Thanksgiving, Advent and Christmas
- Top 100 Christmas Worship Songs
- Top 100 Christmas Worship Songs For 2016
- Top 40 Thanksgiving Worship Songs
- Top 50 Christmas Worship Songs For 2016
- Top 50 New Worship Songs in 2016
- Top 25 Worship Songs on the Holy Spirit for Pentecost 2015
- Top 100 Worship Songs For Easter 2016
- Top 40 Worship Songs On The Blood Of Jesus For 2015