43 Versions of Silent Night
Featuring Casting Crowns Posted on December 20, 2012
On Christmas Eve 1818 the carol "Stille Nacht! Heilige Nacht" was heard for the first time in a village church in Oberndorf, Austria. Assistant priest Joseph Mohr handed over to the organist Franz Gruber a poem, with the request to write a fitting melody for 2 solo voices together with choir and accompaniment by guitar. Later that same day, on the 24th of December, Gruber came to Mohr and handed him his composition and the song was included in the Christmas Mass that evening. The beautiful Carol that we know as Silent Night was met with general approval by all in attendance. "Silent Night, holy night, Son of God, love's pure light". This well-known carol is another must have song to use for your Christmas Eve or Christmas Service. Be sure to check out our 43 different arrangements available for download.
- Top 100 Christmas Worship Songs For 2016
- The Perfect Worship Songs for Christmas Eve
- The Story Behind "Silent Night"
- The Story Behind "O Little Town Of Bethlehem"
- The Story Behind "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear"
- The Story Behind "O Come O Come Emmanuel"
- The Story Behind "O Holy Night"
- The Story Behind "Joy To The World"
Other Posts Featuring Casting Crowns
- At Calvary An Exclusive Pre-Release Song from Casting Crowns
- Technical Geniuses Love Music Too!
- Christmas Eve Favorites
- New Orchestrations Are Here
- Book Of James Bible Study With Mark Hall James 2:14-26
- New Orchestration From Casting Crowns
- Book Of James Bible Study James 2:8-13
- Book Of James Bible Study With Mark Hall James 2:1-7