Within our catalog, there is a wide range of music, and even a wider range of theology. However, the range of theology does have a limit. We are not opposed to music that is written or performed by non-Christians. We are opposed to music and lyrical content that stands in opposition to the core foundations of the Christian faith. These beliefs make a difference in our lives, and give a sense of boundaries to the kind of music that we promote through PraiseCharts.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son Of God -- unique in function but equal in identity to the Father.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, sent by the Father to indwell His people with the power and presence of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the Father, who is eternal, personal, the ultimate sustainer of things living and not living.
- We believe the Father desires to have all people to be in relationship with Him as a child is to a Father.
- We believe that sin separates us from having a direct relationship with the Father.
- We believe that Jesus Christ paid the price for our sin through His death on the cross. Through his death and resurrection, Jesus conquered the power of death, and made a way for us to have a relationship with the Father through Him.
- We believe that the privilege of being in right relationship with the Father, through Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit, is to live forever in the Kingdom of God.
- We believe that worship is a way of life, marked by the values that God has communicated through his written Word. Worship can be fueled by music -- but it does not exist in the music itself.