The Sound That Saved Us All Anthony Skinner Official Video
Posted on February 19, 2014
CentricWorship unveils The Sound That Saved Us All live worship video today, April 29th, as seen on YouTube and GodTube. The Sound That Saved Us All was penned by veteran songwriter/producer Anthony Skinner (writer of the Billboard #1 hits 'Your Love Never Fails' and 'Million Miles') and calls the listener to rejoice in the majesty, dynamism, and splendor of God. The video features an inspiring performance of this pure worship song by Anthony Skinner, with rich backing vocals and acoustic instrumentation provided by the other CentricWorship retreat participants.
"I've been an Anthony Skinner fan and friend for many years," says CentricWorship founder, Steve Rice. "It's the uniqueness in his songwriting and musicality that brings freshness and realness to what he does. And then underneath all that, he draws from a deep spiritual well. As Anthony leads worship you realize he has been with God. This is a man who is in tune with the Spirit of the Lord and that truly is what makes his music so special."
The inspiration behind The Sound That Saved Us All is equally as unique and engaging as the songs Anthony Skinner writes. The idea for the song came to him one afternoon: "I was watching The Andy Griffith Show and there was a church scene where Andy and Barney were singing the classic hymn, 'All Hail The Power of Jesus Name,'" explains Anthony. "It had been awhile since I had heard this particular hymn and the words completely arrested my imagination." Sitting down to his piano, Anthony drew on this profound and unexpected inspiration to create a modern masterpiece, infusing it with a fresh, impassioned spirit. "It was as if the song had been sitting there at the piano waiting for me to sing it. In a matter of minutes I was past the writing and lost in worship."
It was during a time of worship at the CentricWorship retreat that Anthony Skinner presented The Sound That Saved Us All to his fellow songwriters. "The themes of God's majesty, power and grandeur are all present in the text of 'The Sound That Saved Us All,'" says Anthony. "These same themes are echoed in the beautiful landscape of Winthrop, WA, where the All The Saints project was recorded. It seemed fitting to share the song in this setting, and I was honored when Steve Rice approached me to add the song to the EP."
- The Gettys On CBC Sunday Morning
- The Cross Of Christ Lyric Video by Passion
- O Little Town Of Bethlehem (Emmanuel Has Come) Music Video by 714
- The King Is Among Us Music Video with Elevation Worship
- Let Us Adore Music Video with Elevation Worship
- 12 Elements Of A Thriving Worship Culture
- SerialBox Presents Come As You Are with David Crowder
- The Story Behind the Song Consume Us with CentricWorship
- Top 100 Christmas Worship Songs
- Top 100 Christmas Worship Songs For 2016
- Top 40 Thanksgiving Worship Songs
- Top 50 Christmas Worship Songs For 2016
- Top 50 New Worship Songs in 2016
- Top 25 Worship Songs on the Holy Spirit for Pentecost 2015
- Top 100 Worship Songs For Easter 2016
- Top 40 Worship Songs On The Blood Of Jesus For 2015