One of the things we're excited about at PraiseCharts is the opportunity to invest into the future of song writing for worship. Many of the songs that are in the top of the CCLI charts have been around for a long time and have become well established in the churches all around the world. But far out in front of those songs is a new wave of music not yet discovered. Some of these songs are written by well known song writers and worship leaders. Some of these songs are written by people you have never heard of, because they have never been "signed" by one of the major music publishers. In almost all cases, the songs featured in SongQuest have not yet had wide exposure around the world.
How Does It Work?
All songs submitted to SongQuest will go to a panel that will listen and select the Top 20 finalists; those songs will be put on the PraiseCharts website, where you will help determine the winner. Through SongQuest, we want to give you a taste of the future. More than just giving you a taste, we want to invite you to engage in the social sharing of these songs, ultimately giving the listening audience the power to help choose the winner of this season's SongQuest. Feel free to listen to the songs and like and share your favorites via the social media links. Based on a combination of likes, shares and downloads of the Top 20 songs posted, we will select the Top 10 and then the final winner.
What Will The Winner Receive?
The winner will have a lead sheet (created by one of PraiseCharts' arrangers) added to the main catalog on PraiseCharts. A follow up promotion of the winning song will be done in a PraiseCharts weekly e-blast following the close of the competition.
If you would like to submit a song to SongQuest, please fill in the form under the 'Submit A Song' tab, completing the payment section and uploading an audio demo (MP3 format), lyrics, and simple song chart. Please send one song per submission. Only songs that YOU have written will be accepted. Our Fall SongQuest submission date from August 5 - September 6, 2016
SongQuest Fall 2016 submissions will be accepted from August 5 - September 6, 2016. We look forward to your submissions.
*If you have difficulty with this form, it can also be accessed at https://praisecharts.wufoo.com/forms/songquest-submission/
The following are the rules for the 2016 Fall SongQuest competition. The deadline for entry is September 6, 2016.
- All entries submitted to SongQuest must be original songs and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Entrant shall, by entering, indemnify and hold SongQuest/PraiseCharts harmless from and against any claims inconsistent with the foregoing.
- Entrant retains all ownership rights to all submitted song(s). SongQuest will not have any ownership rights to any song(s) submitted.
- Entrant may submit up to 5 songs. It is entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the submitted song(s) are complete and playable. All entry fees are non-refundable. SongQuest does not give feedback or a critique to entrants.
- Contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters. The only deciding factor is that you have permission to enter your material if you are under contracts.
- SongQuest reserves the right to extend the entry deadline and increase or reduce entry fees for special promotions and/or entry deadline periods.
- SongQuest is open to all amateur and professional songwriters and anyone regardless of nationality or origin. If entrant is under 18 years old, we will require the written permission of a parent or guardian. Please include that in the text box where you would enter digital signature.
- Entries will be screened by our SongQuest listening committee who will select the Top 20 finalists. The Top 20 songs will be added to PraiseCharts.com and in combination with the comments, shares, “likes” and downloads, the winner will be selected.
- All prizes will be awarded to the first name as it appears on the entry form.
- SongQuest Fall 2016 Top 20 finalists will be announced September 9, 2016 and the Top 10 finalist on September 23, 2016. Our winner will be announced publicly on October 7, 2016, however the winner will be notified prior to that date.
- By entering SongQuest, entrant and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of SongQuest and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official SongQuest Rules And Regulations as established herein.
- We will announce the winner on our website, as well as by email. SongQuest will post all results in the PraiseCharts weekly e-blast as well as on their site and will notify the winner by email. Entrant is responsible for providing up-to-date and correct email addresses to SongQuest. SongQuest is not responsible for entrant’s non-receipt of any SongQuest emails for any reason, including but not limited to, server or email malfunctions.
- There will be no transfer or substitution of prizes awarded.
- Entrant acknowledges that all songs entered may be distributed to judges who will be selecting the finalists, and Entrant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold SongQuest, its sponsors, and judges harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in SongQuest.
- Any submission of songs to SongQuest represents agreement to the terms and rules listed above.
Want to hear the top songs from all our SongQuest's? Click on the links below to hear the Top 10 songs from each SongQuest volume.