New From Keith and Kristyn Getty
Featuring Keith and Kristyn Getty Posted on October 10, 2012
Hymns for the Christian Life, the highly-anticipated fourth U.S. release from preeminent Irish modern hymn writers and recording artists Keith & Kristyn Getty, will bow October 9. Produced by Charlie Peacock (The Civil Wars, Switchfoot) and Ed Cash (Chris Tomlin, Kari Jobe), the 12-song project explores such themes as work, family, money, community and social action, showcasing Irish melodies as well as American bluegrass and country music influences.
This original collection is highlighted by a special 10th anniversary recording of "In Christ Alone," featuring 27-time GRAMMY® Award-winner Alison Krauss. Penned by Keith Getty and Stuart Townend, the world-renowned modern hymn has been recorded by numerous artists over the past decade-including Owl City, Natalie Grant and Newsboys-and is a classic sung in churches around the globe.
In addition, bluegrass icon Ricky Skaggs joins the couple on "Simple Living (A Rich Young Man)." Written by Keith & Kristyn Getty and Stuart Townend, the song is based on the Bible story of the rich young ruler. Clannad's Moya Brennan, one of Ireland's most beloved recording artists, also contributes to Hymns for the Christian Life, singing a traditional Gaelic lullaby as part of "A Mother's Prayer." Keith & Kristyn Getty, along with Fionan de Barra (Broadway's Riverdance), penned the piece for their young daughter, Eliza Joy.
"The concept for these songs began two years ago when we took a break from touring and settled in Nashville," says Keith Getty. "Amid conversations with friends and coworkers around our dinner table and on our porch, we found ourselves discussing the challenges of the Christian life. We pondered ideas such as, 'What does it mean to succeed in your job but not make it your god? How do I handle doubt? In what way should I pray for my children? What is our responsibility for the care of others inside and outside our community?' We believe the Gospel story touches every part of life, so these new songs are a reflection of those conversations and us turning to the Gospel for guidance."
"We hope Hymns for the Christian Life also reflects our continuing goal to write modern hymns for the Church," adds Kristyn Getty. "What excites us most about the work we do is seeing a song used by a congregation and hoping it becomes part of the soundtrack that follows a believer through life."
Keith & Kristyn Getty are among the preeminent modern hymn composers of this generation. Writers of an acclaimed repertoire of 21st century hymns revered both for their theologically astute lyrics and universally beloved melodies, the couple's popular U.S. recordings include In Christ Alone, Awaken The Dawn and Joy - An Irish Christmas. They have shared their music at Franklin Graham crusades, the GMA Dove Awards, The Third Lausanne Conference on World Evangelization, as well as feature performances at London's Royal Albert Hall and the legendary Grand Ole Opry, among many other noted platforms. Keith & Kristyn Getty, along with their band-an ensemble of some of the top names in Irish and American folk music-are in the midst of their Hymns for the Christian Life Tour, which is hitting multiple U.S. cities this fall.
Tag: press release
- All Sons & Daughters Release Self-titled Album May 4th!
- Paul Baloche Writing the Songs The Whole Church Sings
- CentricWorship Releases 1st EP All The Saints - Live From The CentricWorship Retreat Vol 1.
- A Thrill Of Hope Album Release
- Fuzed Worship By Your Blood
- Bethel Music Releases First Ever Solo Album
- Meredith Andrews Releases New Album
- New From Integrity Music: The Hymns Collective Session 1
Other Posts Featuring Keith and Kristyn Getty
- Celebrating 15 Years of Getty Hymns
- Facing A Task Unfinished - Join The Movement February 21, 2016
- Music Duo Keith And Kristyn Getty Wrap 2015 With Many Firsts
- Put Some Joy In Your Christmas with Keith & Kristyn Getty
- The Gettys On CBC Sunday Morning
- CBS Sunday Morning Will Feature The Gettys Easter Sunday
- My Worth Is Not in What I Own Performance Video by Keith & Kristyn Getty
- The Getty Christmas Tour 2014 To Include Carnegie Hall