You are my King, so reign over me
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on February 13, 2010
"...You are my King, so reign over me..."
Jesus Christ is my King...but He is a good King. His rule is born of His holiness - His perfection. He rules in perfect love, meaning He does not force me to follow Him. This King loves me right where I am...but loves me enough to not leave me there. It was that kind of love - that righteous, kingly, perfect love - that led me to repentance and set me on the road to freedom. I proudly and boldly proclaim His rule and reign in my life. I submit to His royal majesty and invite Him to reign over me. It is in His reign that I have discovered peace and trust and freedom that was simply not to be found when I lived in the era of self-rule.
As you go about your day today, allow the Lord to show you areas of your life that need to be submitted to the rule and reign of His love.
The LORD shall reign for ever, [even] thy God,
O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.
Psalm 146:10 KJV
- Throne of Praise Devotional by Phillips Craig & Dean
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Are You Ready To Risk Again?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional What Is On Your Spiritual Business Card?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Worship Is Collaboration With The Congregation
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Create Something For Others
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Come Out Of Hiding
- Aaron Shust Michael's Miracle Story
- Eucharist: Embracing The Mystery Of Faith Glenn Packiam