You are my King. I will bow down
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on February 13, 2010
"...You are my King. I will bow down..."
As a little boy, my brothers and cousins were always playing games. Fantasy is such an important part of shaping our souls. I believe my imagination was given by God as a tool for creativity -because He is so imaginative and creative as our Maker. One of the things little boys pretend is that he is a knight in shining armor who slays the dragon and defends the honor of the princess, thereby gaining the blessing of her father, the King. Games like that prepared my heart to recognize the deep reality of the King of Kings...and how He slew the dragon (defeated sin and death and the Enemy)...and led me to freedom...and gave me full access to His Kingdom...and calls me His own! How awesome that the imaginations of a little boy were actually a picture of my spiritual reality.
Allow the Holy Spirit to spur your imagination today. Begin by seeing yourself as a man or woman in service of THE King.
And I saw an angel come down from heaven,
having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent,
which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up,
and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more,
‘til the thousand years should be fulfilled:
and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Revelation 20:1-3 KJV
- Throne of Praise Devotional by Phillips Craig & Dean
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Are You Ready To Risk Again?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional What Is On Your Spiritual Business Card?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Worship Is Collaboration With The Congregation
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Create Something For Others
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Come Out Of Hiding
- Aaron Shust Michael's Miracle Story
- Eucharist: Embracing The Mystery Of Faith Glenn Packiam