When will You come? When will I see?
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on February 10, 2010
“…When will You come? When will I see?...”
God’s timing does not depend on my limited view of things! And that is so good! If it were up to me, I would opt for peace and tranquility all the time…and that would do nothing to chip away at the old grave cloths of my life – the things that used to define me. The great news is that He promises in His Word that we can hear and know His voice! A sheep becomes accustomed to the voice of his shepherd…and so it is with us. This is the point where we step out on faith and believe that we CAN hear His voice. He does not always speak the way we would expect. He uses His Word…other people…circumstances…and a still small voice in the core of our being to give us Words of life. Have you been listening?
Take time all day today to listen for His voice…and do not discount the things the world may call foolish. God may very well use that very foolish looking thing to speak great wisdom into your life.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.
John 10:27-29 KJV
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise;
and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things
which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised,
hath God chosen, [yea], and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
That no flesh should glory in his presence.
1 Corinthians 1:27-29 KJV
- Throne of Praise Devotional by Phillips Craig & Dean
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Are You Ready To Risk Again?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional What Is On Your Spiritual Business Card?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Worship Is Collaboration With The Congregation
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Create Something For Others
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Come Out Of Hiding
- Aaron Shust Michael's Miracle Story
- Eucharist: Embracing The Mystery Of Faith Glenn Packiam