Like The Joy Of One Heart That Your Love Has Set Free
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on February 7, 2010
“…Like the joy of one heart that Your love has set free…”
When I think about all God has done for me I can easily become overwhelmed. I deserved death and hell for my sin…but I received forgiveness and hope and cleansing and restoration and a family and a ministry and a home -and the list is endless. For far too many years I was a prisoner in an inner prison, locked away in the recesses of my mind due to my own wrong thinking. Then one day, the Lord came bursting through the door of that prison and knocked it completely off its hinges…and then began to tear down every single wall that defined that prison for so long! What joy! When I remember all He has done for me I am drawn to even greater depths of intimacy with Him. Gratitude is the foundation of that joy and gratitude is the sustainer of that joy and gratitude is the vessel upon which I send that joy back to the Lord and to others. Joy comes when we know the ending of the story is a good one…and I know mine is grand! Who knew a prison break could be such a good thing?!
What are some of the walls that need to be dealt with in the prisons of your life? Spend time today allowing the Lord to tear those walls down and to rebuild an altar of gratitude in their places.
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,
Because the LORD has anointed me
To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisoners…
Isaiah 61:1 NASB
- Throne of Praise Devotional by Phillips Craig & Dean
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Are You Ready To Risk Again?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional What Is On Your Spiritual Business Card?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Worship Is Collaboration With The Congregation
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Create Something For Others
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Come Out Of Hiding
- Aaron Shust Michael's Miracle Story
- Eucharist: Embracing The Mystery Of Faith Glenn Packiam