He is Not Tame, Yet We Can Trust
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on April 8, 2010
Remember the lion, Aslan, in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe? One moment he is being cuddled and loved on by the children in the story and the next he is trouncing the enemies of Narnia with wild fury. Our God is like that! One of the things I love about the Lord is that He is bigger than my human mind can even conceive. When I try to box Him in, that is all I get of Him…and I, for one, want more of Him. When I think of Jesus and the kind of King He is, I do not see some effeminate dude in a robe walking around giving peace signs to everyone. I see a conquering hero, riding a white stallion, taking out His vengeance on the enemy on my behalf. A stud of a guy. The Lord is mighty to save and is very jealous of his children. When I feel someone threaten one of my children, I go ballistic in my desire to protect them. I am an earthly father and I feel that way. What about the wild heart of our Father God that no human can tame? I let Him out of the box and have found more than I ever imagined. He certainly is not a tame God…but we can trust Him.
Be on the alert for evidence of the wild heart of our passionate God. Find great victory in His passionate, wild love for you today.
For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God. Deuteronomy 4:24 NASB
- Poured from the vein of Redeeming Love
- When is He coming? Morning, noon, or night?
- Died and rose again and now He reigns above
- He is coming. Make a Way...
- He is coming on a horse of white
- The King is coming. Prepare for Him the way...
- And Everything I think I Need I Gladly Bow Before Your Feet in Glory to my King!
- Every Hope and Vision! Every Dream!