Fill me with power and glory
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on February 13, 2010
"...Fill me with power and glory..."
There are days when we have become so emptied by the cares of the world that we feel we have no strength to even take our next step...emotionally, mentally, spiritually, or even physically. It is in such times that we need an energy source that does not run dry when we do! God's Word tells us we have not because we ask not. When is the last time you asked the Lord to fill you with His power? Did you ask in faith or were you simply going through the motions because you know that is the right thing to do? When we realize we (the Lord and us) are in this life together faith takes on a whole new level of meaning. Because I know God does not leave me or forsake me I also know He will not allow me to undergo more than I can bear. Because I walk in such relationship I expect Him to infuse me with His presence - His power and His glory - in the moment I need Him to. By faith I believe He does!
Practice His presence today by asking Him for His power and His glory...and do not limit Him to shows of strength. Sometimes His power comes in a moment of quiet trust.
For thus the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, has said,
"In repentance and rest you will be saved,
In quietness and trust is your strength."
Isaiah 30:15 NASB
- Throne of Praise Devotional by Phillips Craig & Dean
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Are You Ready To Risk Again?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional What Is On Your Spiritual Business Card?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Worship Is Collaboration With The Congregation
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Create Something For Others
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Come Out Of Hiding
- Aaron Shust Michael's Miracle Story
- Eucharist: Embracing The Mystery Of Faith Glenn Packiam