Come, King Jesus! Reign in freedom
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on February 13, 2010
"...Come, King Jesus! Reign in freedom..."
How can the Lord reign in freedom if we put Him in a box? We allow our fears and our circumstances to dictate what God can and cannot do. He is such an awesome King - One Who does not force His love upon us...or force us to change. He wants us to see our need and respond willingly because He knows what is best for us. What if were able to trust enough to let go of the fear and cling to Him? What if we were to look only briefly at our circumstances and gaze intently at Him? Seems to me that in letting go of those false hopes that fear and circumstances represent and clinging to the Lord of Hope might just mean the difference between victory and defeat.
As you go about your day, practice letting go of the fear by trusting Him with the outcome of whatever circumstances and trials you face. Let Him reign in freedom...and not the fear.
...For God has not given us a spirit of timidity [fear],
but of power and love and discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7 NASB
- Throne of Praise Devotional by Phillips Craig & Dean
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Are You Ready To Risk Again?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional What Is On Your Spiritual Business Card?
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Worship Is Collaboration With The Congregation
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Create Something For Others
- Weekly Worship Team Devotional Come Out Of Hiding
- Aaron Shust Michael's Miracle Story
- Eucharist: Embracing The Mystery Of Faith Glenn Packiam