Bringing Down Walls that Hinder Worship
Featuring Dwayne Moore Posted on March 19, 2008
According to Joshua, chapter 6, the people of Jericho had constructed a huge wall that prevented God’s people from reaching them. In much the same way people have constructed seemingly insurmountable walls in their hearts and minds that try to prevent God from coming in and taking control.
As worship leaders we cannot merely express the greatness and grace of our God to those in the congregation. What if the Israelites had settled for only looking toward that wall, hoping it would somehow fall as they lifted praise to God with their trumpets and songs? The wall might never have fallen! No, they marched around that wall seven times. They were determined the wall would come down, and they trusted the Lord to honor their obedience to Him and their resolve.
If you help facilitate praise, how determined are you to influence the “people in the pews“ to worship? Are you content just standing there singing or playing? Do you feel it’s “their problem” if they don’t take notice and follow in praise to the Most High? Or do you sense a responsibility to help them want to follow? It was clearly God’s power that brought the wall down that day in Jericho. But it was clearly God’s people whom the Lord used to help it fall!
Ask God to use you and your church’s music group to bring someone‘s “wall” down this coming Sunday…
*Excerpt from Pure Praise: A Heart-focused Bible Study on Worship by Dwayne Moore. (Group Publishing, Inc., Release date: December, 2008)
Tag: Worship Leading
- 5 Reasons Lament And Praise Must Stand Together In Worship
- 8 Ways A Worship Leader Can Be A Good Host At Rehearsal
- My Response To “5 Reasons Jimmy Fallon Is One Of The Best Worship Leaders In The World”
- 7 Best Practices For Running A Great Worship Rehearsal
- 3 Keys To Leading A More Meaningful Life In The New Year
- The Fraction Principle How To Make Beautiful Music By Playing Less
- Manners 101 For Worship Teams (Or 5 Ways Your Attitude Changes Everyone’s Sunday Morning)
- 10 Best Practices For Worship Vocalists
- Top 100 Easter Worship Songs for 2015
- Top 50 New Worship Songs in 2016
- Top 25 Worship Songs on the Holy Spirit for Pentecost 2015
- Top 40 Thanksgiving Worship Songs
- Top 100 Worship Songs For Easter 2016
- Top 100 Christmas Worship Songs
- PraiseCharts' Official 100 Top Selling Worship Songs of 2016
- Top 100 Official Worship Songs of 2016