All that You have given me, I lay it down before Your feet in glory to my King
Featuring Dennis Jernigan Posted on April 27, 2010
Several years ago, I was faced with a loss. A dear friend felt called of God to move away and plant a new church 800 miles away. This was someone I assumed I would minister with for the rest of my life. I began to grieve and in my grief even asked the Lord if I should go with my friend. His answer? ‘Let Him go. It is for my glory.’ Rather than wallow in self-pity, I asked the Lord to show me His kingdom-perspective. That perspective tells me that I am not here for my own glory and pleasure, but for His. His perspective tells me that in dividing us He is actually multiplying His work in the earth. His perspective tells me that even if we do not see one another again in this life, we will have eternity together in the next. I laid my own desires and wishes at the feet of Jesus and peace flooded my soul. What I discovered in that moment was that my unwillingness to let my friend go was actually damming the flow of God in my life. And I cannot live without the flow of His life in me.
Ask the Lord to show you things that you hold on to that are disrupting the flow of life in you. Be on the lookout for His kingdom perspective.
"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.” John 12:24 NASB
- Poured from the vein of Redeeming Love
- When is He coming? Morning, noon, or night?
- Died and rose again and now He reigns above
- He is coming. Make a Way...
- He is coming on a horse of white
- The King is coming. Prepare for Him the way...
- And Everything I think I Need I Gladly Bow Before Your Feet in Glory to my King!
- Every Hope and Vision! Every Dream!